Open Message To The Offices’ Bosses!
Last week I was invited for a social function at a famous Recreation Centre in town. With my family and the group we were enjoying our meal at this Asian Night Theme – and at another end seated at one table were all my so-called some of my ex bosses coincidentally at another table – but just themselves without their families! The ironical part is that they are all retired peoples like myself – in the same status – and the power and authority of the old days in the offices all gone past them! Here they were all at the same level – as just Invitees. No bosses around! Those days all gone past – and dead now! The scare and fear they could instill in others long gone and evaporated too!
So I told the good wife I will go over and ‘stir, tease and joke’ them up a bit! Madam wife was dead set against the idea – and making a foolish spectacle of myself – and in belittling myself in front of others! What for? she whined!
Where there is a will – there is a way! I excused myself – and made my way to the Gents’ to heed the call of nature! On my return – I surprised them with my presence! The surprise was more mine – because at least on the surface they seemed to like my interruption of them – and in visiting them! That made me loose steam – and made me feel bad and guilty long after! One of them had even joked – Be careful! He will write about us in his next column – sic!
As a Diabetic case – I should not take sweets – but I did go for the dish at the end of the meal!
The Message – You never know in life! That Assistant of yours could one day meet you once you are no longer in power and in control – so it is important to be nice and good to people – because one day you will meet them later in life! They will only come to respect and esteem you – if only you have reciprocated in kind! Or there will be no one being sympathetically or feeling for you if bad things or misfortunes ever happen to you in later life!
So be nice to everyone – hopefully they will remember – and reciprocate in kind! Being nasty and in control always – or acting badly to others – doing harm and damages to others – may one day make you accountable to face the wrath and angers of others that you have mistreated badly in the past!
Some of our people are good actors and impersonators – so long as they are ‘afraid’ or need the job – but the future is uncertain once you are out of the office. It is important to remember this always!
You may find these articles interesting in my books and in columns
- Even in Death?
- The Offices Mini Dictators!
- Here Comes The Boss!
- It Is Company Policies, Sir!
- Sorry – You Are Over 50!
- That is how the cookie crumbles!
- Sir – It Is You – Not Me!
- A Question of Office Space!
- And so many others!
- The person you consider ignorant and insignificant is the one who came from the same God – Khalil Gibran
- At the gate that would lead to my freedom, if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I would still be in prison – Nelson Mandela.
- The infinitely little have a pride infinitely great – Voltaire
- Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important – T S Eliot
- Pride is the mask of one’s faults – Yiddish
- If he could only see how small a vacancy his death would leave, the proud man would think less of the place he occupies in his lifetime – Jean Baptiste Legouve
- Never look down on anybody unless you are helping him up – Jesse Jackson
By Majid Al Suleimany
January 9th 2014.
Images Bosses for Demonstration Purposes Only!