Being Proud, Conceited and Haughty in Life!
Images Pride For Demonstration Purposes Only!
- Certainly Allah does not love the proud ones. – The Holy Quraan – 16:23
- Whosoever has in his heart, even an atom of pride he will not enter paradise – The Islamic Hadith
- The person you consider ignorant and insignificant is the one who came from the same God – Khalil Gibran
- The infinitely little have a pride infinitely great – Voltaire
- Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important – T S Eliot
- Pride is the mask of one’s faults – Yiddish
- If he could only see how small a vacancy his death would leave, the proud man would think less of the place he occupies in his lifetime – Jean Baptiste Legouve
- Never look down on anybody unless you are helping him up – Jesse Jackson
Being Proud, Conceited and Haughty in Life!
One of the topics that I have written in my books Between Us Only! series and in my columns – see below *** – is on the above!
I personally hate people who boast and talk in loud voices – and in being proud, conceited and haughty in life!
The problems that we are facing in the world nowadays are some people having an inflated opinion of themselves as being more important and as being superior – and looking down on others with disdain and contempt! Just because they suddenly have found themselves with a few coins in their pockets! Or it is just a sham and facade of themselves thinking so!
The weird irony is that in many cases that some of these same people have nothing to show in life except false pride and animosity – and actually some of them are even poor and struggling in life – yet still proud and conceited!..
Pride, Conceit and Haughtiness – Some of The Articles from my website www.majidall.com
- Pride is an admission of weakness, it secretly fears all competition and dreads all rivals – Fulton J. Sheen
- A proud man is always looking down on things and people – and thus cannot see anything above him – C. S. Lewis
- The truest characters of ignorance are vanity and pride – Samuel Butler
- Pride comes before a fall – Famous
- The one who climbs a ladder will have to come down! – East African saying
- A proud man is one who has neither vanity nor wisdom – one filled with hatreds cannot be vain, neither can he be wise – John Keats
- Pride makes us esteem ourselves; vanity desires the esteem of others – Anon
- Pride is at the bottom of all great mistakes – John Ruskin
The Three Final Wishes of Alexander the Great Alexander
Image – Alexander The Great
Alexander was a great Greek king. As a military commander, he was undefeated and the most successful throughout history. On his way home from conquering many countries, he came down with an illness. At that moment, his captured territories, powerful army, sharp swords, and wealth all had no meaning to him. He realized that death would soon arrive and he would be unable to return to his homeland. He told his officers: “I will soon leave this world. I have three final wishes. You need to carry out what I tell you.” His generals, in tears, agreed.
“My first wish is to have my physician bring my coffin home alone. After a gasping for air, Alexander continued: “My second wish is scatter the gold, silver, and gems from my treasure-house along the path to the tomb when you ship my coffin to the grave.” After wrapping in a woolen blanket and resting for a while, he said: “My final wish it to put my hands outside the coffin.” People surrounding him all were very curious, but no one dare to ask the reason. Alexander’s most favored general kissed his hand and asked: “My Majesty, We will follow your instruction. But can you tell us why you want us to do it this way?”
After taking a deep breath, Alexander said: “I want everyone to understand the three lessons I have learned. To let my physician carry my coffin alone is to let people realize that a physician cannot really cure people’s illness. Especially when they face death, the physicians are powerless. I hope people will learn to treasure their lives. My second wish is to tell people not to be like me in pursuing wealth. I spent my whole life pursuing wealth, but I was wasting my time most of the time. My third wish to let people understand that I came to this world in empty hands and I will leave this world also in empty hands.” he closed his eyes after finished talking and stopped breathing.
Images For Demonstration Purposes Only! – Being Proud, Conceited and Haughty in Life!